Compugen is one of Canada's largest privately-owned and operated IT services providers and PC systems integrators. As part of the Compugen team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
As part of the Compugen team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
Reporting to the Director Materials Management the incumbent will meet Compugen’s cost, quality and business goals in managing the procurement department and ensuring the right products are procured at the right price at the right time while meeting or exceeding our customer’s expectations. Candidate should have 3-5 years management experience in IT products.
Compugen is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our staff members have access to the latest and greatest technologies in performing their daily activities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation program and a comprehensive benefits package which includes Dental, Health Care, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Life Insurance, and Travel coverage.
- Understand supplier and manufacturer programs, promotions, pricing structures, ordering requirements, inventory levels and communicate on changes that may impact business processes.
- Manage relationships with distributors and vendors partners in Canada and US.
- Report and escalate to Director, Materials Management while providing analysis and data related to procurement on a regular basis.
- Develop and analyze reports and data as required based on areas of responsibility.
- Create and build a consistent business improvement process for all areas of responsibility while ensuring ISO documents are revised and kept current
- Co-ordinate with the Materials Management teams on responsibilities and tasks related to supporting Sales on RFP response, including technical specification analysis, costing and pricing analysis and supply chain models
- Manage the Procurement team in expediting of the open order report on a daily basis including past due ETAs and second sourcing requirements considering complete order management.
- Manage the Procurement and Customer Services teams to adhere to, and excel at, all service level commitments to sales on supply chain from an operational perspective.
- Oversee the Procurement team in managing inventory and ensure targets are maintained and excess stock is returned to suppliers in timely manner.
- Actively participate in vendor performance reviews ensuring all department topics are covered.
- Communicate with Sales on all supplier announcements and approved marketing announcements when required.
- Ensure constant communication and coordination with Pricing manager and team regarding special pricing requirements, vendor programs and incentives.
- Ensure coordination and communication with the Planning team and Inside Sales Support team related to customer SLA’s, inventory levels
- Manage procurement of rollout products and regular business to ensure availability of inventory, competitive pricing, and best supply chain while communicating proactively with other departments.
- Coordinate and communicate with Logistics and Configuration teams regularly in managing rollouts successfully.
- Act as an escalation point for Procurement team within the department and company to ensure smooth flow of products and information from supplier is met as per SLA’s of customers.
- Follow ISO procedures outlined in Compugen’s Quality Management System.
- Comfortable working with data extraction utilities, data mapping, and web query tools.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Pivot Table, Data Validation, FTP utilities
- Experience with various Vendor’s contacts and Pricing structures: HP, IBM, Lenovo, Dell, etc.
- Good concepts of Systems approach, Business Analysis, defining User Requirements
- IT product knowledge required. Knowledge of current computer products with various manufacturers would be an asset
- Strong software application skills required (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, etc)