Principal Consultant, Microsoft Private/Hybrid Cloud
Compugen is one of Canada's largest privately-owned and operated IT services providers and PC systems integrators. As part of the Compugen team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
The primary role is to provide technical and consultative leadership for Microsoft technologies including Microsoft Directory Services (including Azure Active Directory) and Hybrid Office 365 scenarios including Exchange Online and Skype for Business Online. As a member of a highly skilled Microsoft Consulting Team, you will deliver enterprise level solutions with focus on customer satisfaction, project timelines, and business outcomes. This will be achieved by providing in-depth technical consulting, analysis, architectural design and implementation services for Compugen clients.
Compugen is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our staff members have access to the latest and greatest technologies in performing their daily activities.
- Design and implement IT solutions for Compugen Customers
- Assist solution sales team with technical architecture inputs
- Work with Microsoft’s Consulting Services Division for solution development delivery
- Lead and manage Microsoft Infrastructure projects and project teams
- Mentor and train coworkers
- Install, configure, migrate, upgrade, troubleshoot and support Microsoft technologies
- Demonstrate and integrate the benefits of the Microsoft suite of products
- Work with Account Executives to present proposals and advanced technology solutions to customers
- Assist the Microsoft Practice Director and the presales team with developing proposals, project plans and project budgets
- Participate in longer term onsite and project based client engagements
- Document designs, as built installations and operational processes
- Minimum of 10 years of IT experience, with at least 3 years of experience as a lead IT consultant
- College or University education, or equivalent industry training
- Current Industry certifications desired – Office 365, AzureAD, Exchange, Skype, Windows Server, Active Directory.
- Other desired certifications and training: Binary Tree Migration Tools, Citrix, Project Management, ITIL
- Relevant experience designing, architecting and implementing solutions, following structured project methodologies and best-practices
- Experience integrating Microsoft cloud technologies such as Office 365 and Azure to on-premises systems
- Experience working with core Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business, System Center, and Windows Server, etc.
- Excellent customer facing skills with strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Excellent and proven documentation skills
- Fluent in English language, with French language skills preferred but not required
- Adept at working in a high pressure environment balancing the needs of multiple clients and/or projects
- Ability to work comfortably and efficiently within a team environment, and/or to take a lead project management position when required
- Professionalism, confidence, business case analytical skills, presentation skills, and time management skills required