Principal Consultant, End-User Computing
This role is a senior pre-sales consultant within Compugen’s Advanced Solutions award winning End-User Computing Practice. The Principal Consultant provides leadership and leads the technical envisioning, design, and implementation of end-user computing solutions primarily for their local region as well as collaborating and supporting national efforts.
The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial individual motivated to innovate and work collaboratively with a team of highly skilled specialists designing and implementing industry leading solutions delivering end-user computing transformation, device modernization, application and desktop virtualization, enterprise mobility enablement, and security solutions leveraging strategic vendors including and not limited to AppSense, Citrix, Microsoft, Trend Micro, and VMware.
The ideal candidate will have a good mix of technical subject matter expertise, business acumen, and a strong desire to support our customers. As a Principal Consultant, you will be responsible for understanding our customers’ business challenges, requirements, vision, and subsequently translating their needs to leverage technology accordingly. In addition, your day-to-day activities will involve collaborating with other solution specialists and practices while providing technical quality assurance and oversight for the relevance, and accuracy of deployed solutions.
**This position is available in Calgary, or Edmonton**
- Architect, Design, Implement, and Support End-User Computing solutions
- Meet personal and regional practice solution revenue and gross margin targets.
- Lead and collaborate in the development and presentation of End-User Computing solutions focused and multi discipline / complex solution proposals and statement of works.
- Collaborate with peers, consultants, sales, and business development teams developing end user computing focused solutions with existing and new customers.
- Provide practice leadership including the mentoring and development of practice team members
- Development of practice sales and services methodologies, standards, and cross practice advanced solution initiatives including and not limited to packaged solution offerings and project documentation deliverable templates.
- Engage with other practices, marketing, sales management, and both outbound and inside sales teams to drive internal and external customer awareness, brand recognition, and support local vendor relationships.
- Experience with designing, deploying, upgrading and supporting of end-user computing focused solutions leveraging Microsoft, Citrix, or VMware based technology:
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, Workspace Suite, and XenMobile
- Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server OS’s, RDS, App-V, UE-V, and System Center.
- VMware Horizon, ThinApp, App Volumes, and AirWatch
- Relevant Current Vendor Certification(s) or working towards completion examples include:
- Microsoft: MCSA Windows 8 or 10 | MCSE Enterprise Devices and Apps
- Citrix: CCP-V | CCE-V | CCA-N | CCP-M
- VMware: VCP6-DTM | VCAP6-DTM
- Experienced with Citrix NetScaler or F5 based Application Delivery Controllers (ADC) an asset.
- Experience with AppSense or RES User Environment Management (UEM) solutions an asset
- Experience with Identity Management providing app provisioning, self-service catalog, conditional access controls and Single Sign-On an asset
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including the ability to define and document practices and procedures consistently and accurately
- Time management skills with a sense of urgency to complete multiple concurrent tasks.
- Natural ability to diffuse difficult situations and project a positive and confident outlook.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment coupled with a desire to mentor and share knowledge with others.
- Be creative and think “outside of the box” when required.
- Five years of related job experience in the architecture & design, and implementation of End-User Computing focused solutions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle.