Product Master Specialist
This role enables our customers to provide effective solutions by growing and maintaining an accurate catalogue through automated processes, expert product knowledge and strong vendor relationships.
The Product Master Specialist will also serve as point of contact in the Materials Management department on all RFP responses and transactions regulated to project rollouts, considering accuracy, supply chain, product recommendations, pricing, margin/profitability and internal/external customer satisfaction. In addition, this role will manage all product SKUs across all branches to ensure data integrity and system SKU accuracy.
- Represent the Materials Management team as part of the national RFP team providing product recommendations, competitive analysis, pricing (including promotions/programs available) and recommend the best supply chain options available.
- Provide all written content related to Materials Management that is required in RFP responses
- Document and distribute Materials Management commitments made during an RFP response to key departments as part of ISO
- Review rollouts and customer opportunities to ensure availability of inventory, competitive pricing and best supply chain while communicating proactively with management and the sales team
- Involvement in escalations regarding supply chain issues with vendors and manufacturers as required.
- Various aspects of SKU maintenance including: SKU creation/reduction/deletion, contacting vendors to request current pricelists, ensuring full catalogue coverage for owned categories, develop and maintain SKU creation guidelines for owned categories and vendors and proactively manage EOL/Disco/Promo SKUs
- Various aspects of Cost Chance Management including: Reviewing daily cost tolerances for accuracy/risk, tracking cost increases and decreases accordingly, analyze and scorecard vendors on price performance for owned categories and Promotional and Instant Rebate SKU setup as specific by Vendor/Category manager
- Sales and Purchasing Support including: Responding to requests from Sales for product setups and sourcing in specified SLA, creating SKUs for custom builds/opportunities in specified SLA, analyze sales trends to determine and resolve catalogue gaps as well as ticket trends to identify current business need, assist with investigating when PO discrepancies arise and support with requests for sourcing product in specified SLA
- Liaison between Marketing, Sales, Distribution and Vendor Partners
- Work proactively with vendor partners to ensure timeliness and accuracy of SKU creation
- May be required to work on special projects tied to the above processes
- 4-5 years experience in supply chain management, forecasting and/or planning
- Purchasing experience is an asset
- Progress through PMAC/CAPIC program is an asset
- A proven ability to interact well in a team environment with others displaying a high level of diplomacy despite high volumes and tight time-frames
- Able to work independently while taking proactive approach to business process improvements
- Comfortable working with data extraction utilities, data mapping, and web query tools.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Pivot Table, Data Validation, FTP utilities
- Experience with various Vendor’s contacts and Pricing structures: HP, IBM, Lenovo, Toshiba, etc.
- Good concepts of Systems approach, Business Analysis, defining User Requirements
- IT product knowledge required. Knowledge of current computer products with various manufacturers would be an asset
- Strong software application skills required (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, etc.)
- Experience in preparing process flow charts using Visio or other applications
- Strong analytical, administrative and organizational skills are required.
- Staff is responsible to follow ISO procedures outlined in Compugen’s Quality Management System. All staff may be required to take ISO auditor training and provide auditing services in support of the ISO quality process for the department