Network Consultant (Routing and Switching)
Founded in 1981, Compugen is one of Canada's largest privately-owned and operated IT services providers and PC systems integrators. As part of the Compugen team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
The primary role is to work within a highly skilled Consulting Team within our award winning Network Services practice delivering enterprise level solutions with focus on customer satisfaction, project timelines, and deliverables. This will be achieved by providing in-depth technical consulting, analysis, design and implementation services for Compugen clients.
Compugen is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our staff members have access to the latest technologies in performing their daily activities.
- Technical network implementation and support, including configuration, testing, migration, troubleshooting and support of client production networks with a focus on Cisco routing, switching, wireless and security solutions.
- Analyse client networking requirements, participate in discovery workshops, and advise clients on effective networking upgrades, solutions options and available migration strategies.
- Work closely with client networking teams, infrastructure vendors/ network providers, and software or hardware vendors within a project delivery framework.
- Prepare technical network documentation including configuration diagrams and as-built network documentation.
- Assist Compugen account teams in preparing detailed network designs/ configurations and technical SOW documents.
- Provide network related advisory consulting to client technical teams and IT operating stakeholders.
- College or University education or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience with at least 2 years of experience in technical network deployment and/ or support.
- Industry certifications required – Cisco CCNA /CCNP and/or working toward CCIE
- Relevant working experience in implementing and supporting Cisco solutions and technologies, including switches, routers, OSPF, VLANs and firewalls.
- Training, exposure and/or understanding of large scale enterprise network deployments.
- Other desired certifications and training: Palo Alto Networks, Meraki
- Excellent customer facing skills with strong verbal, written, and listening skills, Professionalism, confidence, business case analytical skills, presentation skills, and time management skills.
- Ability to keep up to date with Cisco solutions and technology
- Familiarity with Linux, Unix and Windows.
- Ability to satisfy periodic after-hours work and travel requirements for client deployment projects.
- Bi-lingual French speaking is considered an asset.