Project Manager (Healthcare)
The Project Manager (Healthcare) will successfully manage and deliver a portfolio of projects supporting Information Communication and Automation Technology efforts being led by Compugen. Key to success will be collaboration among internal Compugen teams as well as other vendors supporting the build of a hospital.
The Project Manager will:
- Align projects to business objectives and contractual requirements
- Plan and track the activities for all related projects, assessing risks and proposing mitigations, reporting on project status and negotiating resources to support delivery.
- Develop meeting and workshop outlines in line with required/planned outcomes, facilitate meetings and workshops, including development of starting materials
- Establish governance foundations for projects: guiding principles, RACI, issue escalation flows, decision logs, scope details, timelines – ranging from high level views to detailed work breakdown structures
- Communicate with all project stakeholders, ensuring clarity on roles, timelines, analysis on connections between activities and business outcomes, providing a high level of customer service with initiative, delivery, and follow-up.
The Project Manager role is based on sound initiation, planning communications and governance resulting in predictable, successful delivery of the portfolio of work following National Project Management Office (PMO) established standards with regard to methodology, process and reporting (project status as well as portfolio dashboard).
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated leader possessing strong planning and exceptional communication skills enabling them to be a strong advocate of our capabilities and solutions --- internally and to clients. Success in the role will be defined by the ability to effectively manage project dependencies, team and stakeholder relationships and the ability to tackle, escalate and resolve issues creatively while ensuring the desired delivery.
The Project Manager will work closely with the Director, National PMO, and the Director of Client Experience.
There may be other projects that the Project Manager will be asked to support, one area is pre-sales support to our sales team which may include:
- Assisting in proposals and statements of work (SOW) that define our scope and work effort estimates to the customer in order to implement the solution
- Provide overview of our project mgmt. practice
- Provide work effort estimates for input into proposals and SOWs when requested
- Validate estimates with regard to project management effort (e.g. assessment of project risk factors)
- Be accountable and responsible for project implementation and customer satisfaction (internal and client-facing) for those projects
- Negotiate for staff support (collaboration with RMO and PMO) to ensure that all the appropriate disciplines are represented on the project team in a matrix environment
- Effective communication and immediate escalation of late activities and unresolved issues demonstrating creativity with proposed solutions to remediate the project
- Run the project in a manner that effectively balances the specified mix of business outcomes, quality, time, and cost measured via C-Sat feedback and project financials.
- Ensure adherence to process standards established in collaboration with National PMO and propose improvements to standards
- Collaborate with customers, other Compugen departments, 3rd party consultants, and vendors
- Develop mitigations and contingency plans and where appropriate, bring stakeholders together to contribute to these proposals
- Manage and communicate status (maintain dashboard of overall portfolio performance)
- Work independently with initiative vs. waiting for issues to be identified by others.
- Lead as well as participate in team settings, ensuring that outcomes are achieved.
- Contribute as an active member of a PMO focused on supporting colleagues, demonstrating business acumen and ensuring there is a high degree of value when a Project Manager is assigned to a project
- Contribute to new business through collaboration with Sales and Service Delivery Managers (contribute to business cases / RFP Response / SOWs)
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in full-cycle Project Management for external stakeholders
- Valid PMP certification or demonstration of project management portfolio
- Must have 2+ years’ experience working as a Project Manager for a hospital or primary care facility
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites as required (incl. a valid driver’s license)
Demonstrated experience with the responsibilities noted above including a focus on the following skills:
- Planning, forecasting of activities and work effort estimation
- Analysis, problem-solving for multiple dimensions, e.g. multiple project work streams with financial and business outcomes and timelines
- Collaboration and relationship management
- Facilitation and presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Computer literacy; proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, flowchart, presentation and project management software tools