Compugen is one of Canada's largest privately-owned and operated IT services providers and PC systems integrators. As part of the Compugen team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
As part of the Compugen team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
Reporting to the Manager, Warehouse & Distribution, the Warehouse Supervisor will hold responsibility for all physical activity occurring within the Calgary Warehouse. This includes direct supervision of staff members within the warehouse.
Compugen is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our staff members have access to the latest and greatest technologies in performing their daily activities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation program and a comprehensive benefits package which includes Dental, Health Care, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Life Insurance, and Travel coverage
- Maintaining a safe work environment for all staff members by ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures and training requirements
- Membership and participation in Joint Health & Safety Committee meetings
- Uphold physical security of the warehouse
- Conduct weekly team meetings to review performance, provide feedback and outline current/future objectives
- Train & monitor staff in ISO standard operating procedures ensuring all processes are documented and auditable.
- Responsible for warehouse KPI’s to ensure we are delivering to customer expectations and meeting established targets monthly
- Schedule and conduct inventory counts to ensure inventory accuracy
- Supervising and scheduling of warehouse staff members to ensure productivity targets and requirements are met.
- Managing the overall facility and equipment upkeep to ensure production operations are running smoothly and
- Ensure housekeeping and cleanliness standards are met through completion of logs and schedules.
- Developing and implementing process improvements to increase efficiency and decrease costs
- Running production reports and daily trackers
- Conduct annual performance evaluations, coaching, training and hiring of staff
- If/when required, perform warehousing activities – receiving, put away, pick, pack and ship
- Post secondary or university degree
- 5 years’ experience supervising staff in warehouse environment
- Previous experience or involvement with a Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System
- Experience operating or supervising material handling equipment
- Experience with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Knowledge of JDE warehouse management system considered an asset
- Computer experience with all Microsoft Office applications
- Passion for exceeding customer expectations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving ability
- Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines and performance objectives