Inside Sales Rep
Compugen is one of Canada's largest privately-owned and operated IT services providers and PC systems integrators. As part of the Compugen team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
The candidate will work with both our Inside Sales staff and Consultants specifically supporting server & storage sales functions. S/he will support the team by maximizing sales and customer satisfaction, while ensuring that key accounts are supported by this position. The role will form part of the Pre-Sales Technical Team supporting teams. A focus on accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
Compugen is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our staff members have access to the latest and greatest technologies in performing their daily activities.
- To provide excellent standards of customer service and demonstrate a commitment, and determination, to resolve customer inquiries and provide solutions to meet their company needs.
- Understanding of Storage Technology in terms of the different subsystems of storage and software
- Understanding of Server Technology in terms of the different subsystems of servers and software
- Develop professional, complete and accurate technical recommendations and configurations
- Function in an Inside Sales capacity providing ongoing phone support and administrative assistance to Account Representatives and Compugen Sales Specialists
- Interface with required suppliers, Presales Engineers and other internal and external contacts for product pricing and availability
- Liaise directly with the accounts in order to identify and resolve their needs.
- Provide all Server & Storage quotes and pricing to sales reps or customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Resolve any order-related problems using tenacity, persistence and a high level of diplomacy.
- Participate directly in the RFP and RFQ response process by providing pricing and other required information for all Server & Storage products.
- Provide technical assistance to the customer - answer technical queries and perform research when answers are not immediately available.
- Function at all times in a manner which promotes effective teamwork.
- Assist with the returns and evaluation processes
- Technical accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Work in a team environment.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the IT industry is mandatory as is strong technical product knowledge.
- Successful candidates must be energetic, professional, proactive and positive individuals who feel empowered to take ownership of their account and take whatever action is necessary to resolve account-related problems.
- Previous skills with server and storage products would be mandatory.
- A philosophy that customer service is important above all and an ability to resolve customer needs in innovative and effective manners is the key success factor of this role.
- Experience working in a VAR or distribution channel experience would be beneficial.
- Technical degree level qualification will be preferred.
- Previous Sales and/or Technical Support experience in an IT environment.
- Certifications (HP, IBM, NetApp, Symantec, Cisco etc.) would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrates professionalism in front of customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of customer technical needs and ability to translate into a configured solution
- Detail oriented.
- Time Management a must.
- Previous experience with JD Edwards would be advantageous.