Technical Deployment Representative
Compugen is one of Canada's largest privately-owned and operated IT services providers and PC systems integrators. As part of the Compugen team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
Compugen is a supplier of Information Technology Products and Services. This position is responsible for the deployment, installation, and upgrade of Computer desktops, workstations, printers, peripherals as well as associated operating systems and application software at the desktop level. Included is the troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software failures.
Compugen is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our staff members have access to the latest and greatest technologies in performing their daily activities.
- Manage customer deployment issues locally.
- Deploy computers and devices as mandated.
- Follow task lists and deployment documentation.
- Updating software or hardware on existing equipment.
- Make the computer image by following the customer's instructions and requests.
- Delivery and installation of computers.
- Remove old equipment.
- Make basic network connections for computers and printers.
- Prepare a deployment schedule.
- Organize meetings to introduce software and new systems.
- Update inventories and staffing.
- Produce a monthly report of the work accomplished.
- Perform complex moves, adds, changes of computer equipment
- Understanding of Deployment Guidelines
- Outsourcing to client sites
College or University education in Electronics or Computer Science
A+ Certification and MCP
Two (2) years of related job experience
Experience with two Operating Systems
Good written and verbal communication skills
A sense of urgency to complete tasks and assignments
Ability to diffuse tense customer situations and project a positive, confident outlook
High level of integrity and honesty
Ability to take direction and follow practices and procedures consistently and accurately
Good time management skills
Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Experience with a desktop productivity suite
Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle
Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. on a regular basis