Senior Windows System Administrator, Managed Services
Compugen Managed Services provides infrastructure support and monitoring for a number of clients. This position is to provide technical leadership and work with a team that provides support for our customer's Wintel environments.
As part of the Compugen team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
Compugen is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our staff members have access to the latest and greatest technologies in performing their daily activities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation program and a comprehensive benefits package which includes Dental, Health Care, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Life Insurance, and Travel coverage.
- Research, design, plan and coordinate server infrastructure upgrades, enhancements, improvements and/or newly required service deployments
- Participate in operational and business critical projects through the scoping, planning, execution, and implementation
- Analyze service incidents and problems, identify risks, provide recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation and server infrastructure policies, standards and diagrams
- Provide guidance in the completion of health checks and performance and capacity reporting.
- Prepare detailed documentation and diagrams of the infrastructure.
- Take ownership of all assigned tickets and drive to resolution; researching and escalating to vendor as necessary.
- Act as a subject matter expert and mentor to other team members, as assigned, and to develop internal certification criteria and curriculum.
- Enforce and follow Compugen ITSM policies, procedures and best practices.
- Participate in the on call rotation and will require after hours work for planned changes and incident resolution, and provide expert level support to the IT Operations team
- a Computer Science degree or equivalent in real-world experience.
- excellent technical design and documentation skills and be able to mentor other team members and help with the design and build of various solutions.
- a superior understanding of Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, MS Exchange, VMware and Hyper-V and be able to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems.
- expert level knowledge of Exchange, Lync and BES systems.
- experience with Sharepoint, Microsoft clusters, Citrix, web farms, ISA, TMG and other systems security products.
- a solid understanding of LAN and WAN networking
- an understanding and experience setting up and utilizing disaster recovery solutions. SRM experience is an asset.
- experience managing SANs from companies such as NetApp, HDS, IBM, 3Par and EMC.
- superior organization skills and a strong attention to detail.
- a willingness to learn new technologies while working in a fast changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- be effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure, along with proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- an in depth understanding of Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, DHCP, IAS, Clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services, DFS and other Microsoft infrastructure services.
- a strong understanding of backup and recovery processes and applications.
- knowledge of systems security and best practices.
- a strong understanding of ITIL practices.
- Project management experience and skills are an asset.
- SQL or Oracle knowledge and skills are an asset.
- strong scripting skills are an asset.
- excellent customer service skills and a strong ability to diffuse tense customer situations and project a positive, confident outlook.
- able to participate in the on call rotation and after hours work as required.
Bilingual French is an asset.