Service Parts Planning Specialist
Founded in 1981, Compugen is one of Canada's largest privately-owned and operated IT services providers and PC systems integrators. As part of the Compugen team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
To meet Compugen’s objectives of implementing and further developing vendor programs as well as building a strong relationship with the Sales Team, ensuring clear communication of this knowledge and promoting the use of these programs. Additionally, adhering to Compugen’s cost, quality and business goals in procuring the right part at the right price at the right time while meeting or exceeding our customer’s expectations.
Compugen is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our staff members have access to the latest and greatest technologies in performing their daily activities.
To ensure availability of service spare parts, options and consumables when needed based on forecast, backlog, run rate and install base planning without creating excess inventory in an effort to provide our customers (internal and external) with the best possible service.
Essential functions / duties:
- Perform accurate Planning for all spare parts and consumables for Distribution and Service requirements and place orders accordingly to avoid any stock outages
- Qualify and identify customers that require service parts planning related to Inventory or Vendor support.
- Actively represent Service Parts Procurement during the pre-sales and post-sales on-boarding process to effectively collect all required information for successful service parts support.
- Accurately assist in maintaining JDE parts database for new part additions, changes, cost and status (obsolete, end of life, etc.)
- Identification of excess, end of life and scrap inventory nationally and assist in the disposition and processing of identified inventory.
- Proactively review spares and consumables stock levels on a monthly basis and make recommendations that will avoid excess inventory issues and stock out situations.
- Provide weekly reporting advising of optimal inventory level vs. current inventory levels by Service warehouse location.
- Review replenishment reports and respond with order quantities and expected arrival dates for any items appearing on the report.
- Review all sub-inventories to ensure accurate inventory and min-max setting levels are in place
- Support internal customers with a wide variety of services including but not limited to providing transaction documentation, reporting, analysis and information gathering
- Support Procurement and Planning activities related to internal and external repairs
- Address JDE reporting alerts in a timely manner when they are generated.
- Identify aged inventory in inventory and resolve in a timely manner
Marginal functions / duties:
- Update PO’s as needed
- Print / review weekly product availability reports
- Interface with Vendor to expedite orders
- Review Inventory status and disposition as needed
- Proactively initiate the transfer of inventory between inventory organizations to avoid stock outages
- Review backlog and advise Service Delivery Managers on the lack of availability based on ship dates
- Provide support on Special projects as needed
- Know and comply with all company / department policies and procedures
- Post status of spares and consumable backorders every Friday through Share Point website and provide thorough explanation of why the backorder occurred
- Staff is responsible to follow ISO procedures outlined in Compugen’s Quality Management System. All staff may be required to take ISO auditor training and provide auditing services in support of the ISO quality process for the department.
- Understand supplier and manufacturer programs, promotions, pricing structures, ordering requirements, inventory levels and message other dept. as required on changes that may impact business processes.
Educational / Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five years prior planning experience preferred
- Previous Planning experience requiredSkills/Abilities:
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with peers and management
- Good writing skills and proficient in typing
- JDE/Oracle experience desired
- Manage multiple tasks
- Exhibit the ability to meet deadlines
- Team oriented