Senior Bilingual System Administrator, Managed Services
Compugen Managed Services provides infrastructure support and monitoring for a number of clients. This position is to provide technical leadership and work with a team that provides support for our customer's Wintel environments.
As part of the Compugen team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
Compugen is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our staff members have access to the latest and greatest technologies in performing their daily activities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation program and a comprehensive benefits package which includes Dental, Health Care, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Life Insurance, and Travel coverage.
- Participate in operational and business critical projects through the scoping, planning, execution, and implementation
- Analyze service incidents and problems, identify risks, provide recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Research, design, plan and coordinate LAN, WAN, Firewall, enhancements, improvements and/or newly required service deployments.
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation and network and voice infrastructure policies, standards and diagrams
- Provide guidance in the completion of health checks and performance and capacity reporting.
- Take ownership of all assigned tickets and drive to resolution; researching and escalating to vendor as necessary.
- Act as a subject matter expert and mentor to other team members, as assigned, and to develop internal certification criteria and curriculum.
- Enforce and follow Compugen ITSM policies, procedures and best practices.
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent in real-world experience.
- A superior understanding of Windows (7, 8, 10, 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, TS, AD) server 2003, 2008, to be able to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems.
- In depth understanding of Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, DHCP, IAS, Clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services, DFS and other Microsoft Infrastructure services.
- Solid understanding of Exchange, Office 365, VMWare, Veeam, ESX, SAN.
- A solid understanding of different networking technologies.
- experience with Sharepoint, Microsoft clusters, Citrix, web farms, ISA, TMG and other systems security products.
- An understanding and experience setting up and utilizing disaster recovery solutions. SRM experience is an asset.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of systems and network security best practices.
- Experienced with scripting & GPO’s.
- Excellent technical design and documentation skills and be able to mentor other team members and help with the design and build of various solutions.
- Experience with Cisco and HP switches is considered an asset.
- an in depth understanding of Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, DHCP, IAS, Clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services, DFS and other Microsoft infrastructure services.
- SQL or Oracle knowledge and skills are an asset.
- A strong understanding of backup and recovery processes and applications.
- Superior organization skills and a strong attention to detail is required.
- A willingness to learn new technologies while working in a fast changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Be effective at managing multiple tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure, along with proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong ability to diffuse tense customer situations and project a positive, confident outlook.
- Minimum of 5years experience.
- Fully Bilingual (French/English)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Must have a valid driver’s license