Compugen Inc. is looking for a NOC Analyst to join our Operations Team in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
Compugen Managed Services Operations Center provides server and network infrastructure support and monitoring for a number of its Customers, 7x24x365. This full time NOC Analyst position will work in Compugen’s Managed Services Operations Center, Richmond Hill – Ontario.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this highly organized, detail oriented individual will be responsible for providing exceptional technical and Customer Service to Compugen Managed Service Customers. This individual will perform regular shifts on a rotational schedule, 7x24x365, monitor and resolve IT infrastructure Events, specifically IT infrastructure elements in a timely manner.
The NOC Analyst will be joining a highly technical, Customer focused team that provides excellent responsive and knowledgeable support to Compugen Service Desk & NOC Teams and our existing MS Customers. The timely and professional response provided by NOC Analysts contribute to a positive Customer Experience and towards Compugen’s growth.
This individual will directly support over 50 Managed Services Customers that rely on expeditious technical support from Compugen Operations. The individual will be responsible to monitor, triage, troubleshoot, escalate appropriately and resolve Incidents using industry standard tools, processes, interfacing directly with Customers.
YOU will be the Team player who supports Compugen Service Desk and NOC Teams to resolve Customer issues and to ensure continual service with sense of urgency. Other duties will include performing Daily Routing and Preventative Maintenance tasks, backups, patching, health checks, coaching other team members, while maintaining consistent professional communication with the Customers on Incidents worked on.
- Monitor system alarms and open Incident Tickets based on observed alarms.
- Troubleshoot incidents before escalating to Infrastructure SMEs.
- Monitor weekend and nightly backup jobs for failures and rerun the jobs as required.
- Should be flexible to work rotational shift to cover 24X7x365 shifts.
- Execute pre-planned system and network changes with instructions given. Monitor inflight changes being completed by third parties and other staff members. Perform health checks as required.
- Analyze alert’s severity and perform initial triage and then escalate to other teams if required.
- Analyze service incidents and problems, identify risks, provide recommendations, and implement solution.
- Follow proper escalations process based on severity of the incident/alert.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and follow KB instructions for any standard process.
- Perform specific task with instructions.
- Analysis and proper escalation of every incident.
- Take ownership of all assigned tickets and drive to resolution; researching and escalating to vendor as necessary.
- Enforce and follow Compugen ITSM policies, procedures and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers in a wide variety of stressful situations.
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent IT technical Diploma.
- Minimum 3 years NOC experience
- Experience with Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, DHCP, Clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services, DFS and other Microsoft infrastructure services.
- Strong experience with Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and be able to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Working experience with VMware and/or Hyper-V.
- Working knowledge of Exchange, Lync/Skype for Business and BES systems.
- Working knowledge of different MDM solutions like Xen Mobile.
- Experience with different AV solutions like Trend Micro.
- Working experience with SCCM, WSUS, N-able patching tools.
- An understanding of SANs from companies such as NetApp, HDS, IBM, 3Par and EMC is an asset.
- Experience with SharePoint, Microsoft clusters, Citrix XenApp and other systems security products is an asset.
- A solid understanding of LAN and WAN networking.
- A good understanding of backup and recovery processes and applications.
- An understanding of UNIX and/or Linux system administration is an asset.
- Superior organization skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and resourceful with good interpersonal skills.
- Team player - able to learn from and share knowledge with others.
- Proven ability to multitask and work under pressure in an environment of change.
- A willingness to learn new technologies while working in a fast changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Be effective at managing multiple tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure, along with proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong ability to diffuse tense customer situations and project a positive, confident outlook.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Ability to effectively train and share knowledge and expertise with other staff members.
- Proficiency required in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote & Visio.
- A strong understanding of ITIL practices.
- CCNA and MCSE Certification is preferred.
- Bilingual French is preferred
- Varying daytime, afternoon and night rotational shifts, Monday to Friday and weekends including Statutory holidays
- Frequently assigned to changing priorities.