As part of the Compugen team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
Compugen is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our staff members have access to the latest and greatest technologies in performing their daily activities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation program and a comprehensive benefits package which includes Dental, Health Care, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Life Insurance, and Travel coverage.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and/or escalate incidents to on call team members as required.
- Monitor weekend night backup jobs for failures and rerun the jobs as required.
- Execute pre-planned system and network changes. Monitor inflight changes being completed by third parties and other staff members. Preform health checks as required.
- Perform Windows systems administration tasks and projects on Mondays and Tuesdays on a regular 9am-5pm work day.
- Analyze service incidents and problems, identify risks, provide recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Research, design, plan and coordinate server infrastructure upgrades, enhancements, improvements and/or newly required service deployments.
- Participate in operational and business critical projects through the scoping, planning, execution, and implementation
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation and server infrastructure policies, standards and diagrams
- Complete health checks and performance and capacity reporting.
- Prepare detailed documentation and diagrams of the infrastructure.
- Take ownership of all assigned tickets and drive to resolution; researching and escalating to vendor as necessary.
- Act as a subject matter expert and mentor to other team members, as assigned, and to develop internal certification criteria and curriculum.
- Enforce and follow Compugen ITSM policies, procedures and best practices.
- a Computer Science degree or equivalent in real-world experience.
- a strong understanding of Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and be able to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems.
- experience with VMware and/or Hyper-V is an asset.
- knowledge of Exchange and Lync is an asset.
- experience with Sharepoint, Microsoft clusters, Citrix, web farms, ISA, TMG and other systems security products is an asset.
- a solid understanding of LAN and WAN networking
- a strong understanding of backup and recovery processes and applications.
- an understanding of SANs from companies such as NetApp, HDS, IBM, 3Par and EMC is an asset.
- an understanding of UNIX and/or Linux system administration is an asset.
- superior organization skills and a strong attention to detail.
- a willingness to learn new technologies while working in a fast changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- be effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure, along with proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- bilingual French is an asset.
- a solid understanding of Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, DHCP, Clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services, DFS and other Microsoft infrastructure services.
- a strong understanding of ITIL practices.
- knowledge of systems security and best practices.
- SQL or Oracle knowledge and skills are an asset.
- excellent customer service skills and a strong ability to diffuse tense customer situations and project a positive, confident outlook.