Planning and Inventory Manager
Reporting to the Director Materials Management and work as the key point of contact in Materials Management/Operations department for all procurement transactions related to planned accounts (nationally). Incumbent will be able to take an innovative approach to understanding our purchasing needs in relation to specific customer SLA’s while leveraging current & optimizing future system tools and business processes. This role includes leading a team, ensuring key performance indicators are met, and analyzing internal and external data.
- Understand supplier and manufacturer programs, promotions, pricing structures, ordering requirements, inventory levels and communicate on changes that impact business processes.
- Manage relationships with distributors and vendor partners in Canada and US, including vendor performance reviews that ensure that all department topics are covered.
- Report and escalate to Director, Materials Management while providing analysis and data related to forecasting and procurement on a regular basis for planned accounts.
- Create and build a consistent business improvement process for all areas of responsibility while ensuring ISO documents are revised and kept current
- Co-ordinate with the Materials Management teams on responsibilities and tasks related to supporting Sales on RFP response, including technical specification analysis, costing and pricing analysis and supply chain models
- Onboarding of new planned accounts by coordinating with contract management team to understand requirements and actions relate to specific planned accounts.
- Manage planning and procurement of rollout products to ensure availability of inventory, competitive pricing, and best supply chain while communicating proactively with other departments.
- Coordinate and communicate with Logistics and Configuration teams regularly in managing rollouts successfully.
- Act as an escalation point for Planning and Inventory teams within the department and company to ensure smooth flow of products and information from supplier is met as per SLA’s of customers.
- Manage the Planning and Inventory teams in expediting existing and new forecast/planned account orders including past due ETAs and second sourcing requirements considering complete order management.
- Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to measure performance and highlight areas that need process improvement
- Manage Finished Goods inventory nationally for all branches taking a proactive approach to inventory depletion
- Coordinate with internal departments and vendors to minimize any inventory exposure and determine resolutions
- 3+ years of experience in Purchasing/Buying, Supply Chain Management, Forecasting and Planning, Procurement
- 2+ years in leading a team of 5+ staff
- College diploma or undergraduate degree is required
- Comfortable working with data extraction utilities, data mapping, and web query tools. Experience with JDE &/or Power BI is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (Pivots; vlookups, formulas), Data Validation, FTP utilities
- Experience with vendor contacts, product offerings, and Pricing structures: HP, IBM, Lenovo, Dell, etc.
- Experience and mindset geared towards Systems approach, Business Analysis, Definition of User Requirements
- Strong MS Office skills required
- Strong analytical, project management, and organizational skills
Ability to present process improvement initiatives