Software is the lifeblood of a 21st-century organization; without the right software, a business cannot operate to its fullest potential. However, choosing the right software is only part of the decision. Equally important is the acquisition and ongoing maintenance required to keep the system in tip-top shape.
To help customers leverage full business value and return on investment on software, Compugen offers solutions and services for software planning and acquisition and lifecycle management. Working together, we can minimize potential risks and costs associated with software infrastructure purchases and upgrades.
Our solutions and services cover the major categories of software, including: horizontal and vertical business applications; information worker productivity applications, and infrastructure software such as operating systems, networking, virtualization and security.
Most organizations have recognized the value of virtualization. Providing staff the ability to work from anywhere at any time has become a standard requirement, meaning that access to virtualized information is essential. Virtualization simplifies desktop and application management, reduces ongoing maintenance and support costs, improves mobility, enhances security and accelerates application deployment.
Compugen’s virtualization practice, VirtualONE, is made up of a national team of consultants that can tailor the many options available for application virtualization and streaming. VirtualONE consultants work hand-in-hand with customers to design, build and implement a customized solution based on powerful virtualization and streaming technologies from AppSense, Citrix, Microsoft, Symantec and VMware for your environment.
Infrastructure Utilization Assessments
The Microsoft Infrastructure Optimization Model (IOM) is recognized as a leading framework to assist organizations determine how their IT environment stacks up against industry standards and recommendations.
Assessments based on the Microsoft IOM help organizations identify opportunities to better utilize existing technologies and uncover possible paths forward that leverage leading technologies, industry best practices and ultimately deliver better service to staff. Working with Compugen, companies are able to build from our extensive experience to simplify your IT infrastructure, reduce costs and staff requirements, and ensure your IT investment is delivering maximum value to your organization.
Organizations looking to understand how they compare with peers can benefit from Compugen’s Infrastructure Utilization Assessment Services.
Infrastructure Optimization Model
- Most IT resources are used to keep IT functioning with reactive management
- Systems are complex, incompatible, expensive and do not promote services throughout the organization
- Organizations use few IT policies and automated processes
- Organizations run somewhat effective, centralized IT departments
- IT systems remain complex, incompatible, expensive and run as standalone operations
- Basic information provided by a centralized IT group; pockets of automated services exist at business units
- Long-term strategy is developed jointly by business and IT groups
- IT policies are defined with business criteria and enforced with IT processes and technology
- Complexity is engineered out of IT processes, and application compatibility issues are minimal
- This is the most cost-effective infrastructure optimization state
- Cost savings are secondary to maximizing business agility, which is a source of competitive advantage
- Some decision making is decentralized to bring decisions closer to business processes
- IT systems are highly automated, flexible, and respond quickly to changing business conditions
- Organizations may choose not to implement certain IT best practices because they reduce business agility