IT Planning & Roadmaps
Start your IT transformation journey on the right foot
“Alice came to a fork in the road. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. ‘Where do you want to go?’ responded the Cheshire Cat. ‘I don’t know,’ Alice answered. ‘Then,’ said the Cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.’”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Words of wisdom for life and business: you’ll never get there if you don’t know where you’re going. Assessments and roadmaps are designed to help you define where you’re going and what the best route is to get there. An IT assessment provides a holistic view of your current IT capabilities, or a reference point for how your IT environment is performing. You might be thinking about making changes to your business processes; an assessment will give you the facts you need as a base for your business plan. More interested in how to get from here to there? A roadmap will give you the direction you need to make it happen and get you closer to your goals.
Our evaluations are based on a thorough discovery process, real-world stress tests for your IT environment, and a detailed set of recommendations of what to improve and how to make it happen.
Looking for an assessment that’s not on the list? We have a range of assessments including managed services and change management strategy. Want a custom assessment? No problem, let’s talk.
Real World Example
For example, if your organization is going through a merger or acquisition, an IT assessment will look at how to integrate the different IT systems, plan what the new end state will look like, and evaluate the return on investment to outsourcing IT versus keeping it in-house.
Want to see it in action? A customer with significant security concerns had placed a blanket ban on personal devices in the office. They believed that very few staff members were violating this policy but wanted to be sure. An IT assessment identified that the ban was unsuccessful, and as a result recommended the creation of an enterprise mobility program. With the new BYOD policy, IT addressed its security and cost concerns while the organization benefited from empowered employees and productivity gains.
IT Strategy Assessments
- IT Capability Improvement: Diagnose your IT infrastructure to create action-oriented output and drive continuous improvement. Our assessments are based on Innovation Value Institute IT-Capability Maturity Framework.
- Cloud Maturity: See how cloud computing services and platforms can contribute to increased staff productivity, agility, decreased costs, and a more mobile workforce.
- BYOD Adoption: The disruptive nature of IT consumerization offers both opportunities and challenges for leaders. We simplify and provide practical roadmaps for effective Enterprise Mobility Management.
- Datacentre performance and optimization: Can your datacentre keep up with your business demands, and is there any room for improvement?
- Software licensing assessment: How many licenses have you purchased, what software suites are your end users actually using, and is there a gap between what you own and what you need?
- Application visibility and risk assessment: How much of your internet traffic is being used by non-business activities? Are you exposed to data loss from unauthorized file transfers – and if so, where?
- Network security assessment: How secure is your network, how accessible is it to guests and staff, and how confidential is your data? What changes need to be made to ensure security?
Things to Consider when looking at IT Planning & Roadmaps
With the results of your assessment in hand, you may want to consider how Investment Justification services can also help ensure your investment in IT meets its goals.
Not sure if this is the right place to start?
If you have business problems to solve or opportunities you’d like to take advantage of but you’re not sure how to start, experienced consultants from our Professional Services team can help.