[Richmond Hill, Ontario] October 21, 2020 - Compugen is proud to announce that the innovative Green4Good™ program has been recognized as one of SITRA’s 39 inspiring circular economy solutions from around the world. Green4Good was featured at the 2020 World Circular Economy Forum, held online on the 29th and 30th of September, and was honoured as one of the most relevant, inspiring, and viable solutions for the circular economy.
The Green4Good program helps organizations manage IT assets that they are no longer using by refurbishing, recycling, or donating them to others. Close to 90% of devices received into the program are still viable and are refurbished and then resold or donated to other organizations. The remaining 10% are responsibly recycled through local partners so that nothing ends up in landfill. The program contributes to the circular economy by providing product life extension for most devices, thereby reducing the need for the manufacture of new equipment. In addition, the program generates verified carbon credits for the organizations donating the equipment. To date, the Green4Good program has been responsible for the resale of over 1.8 million end-of-first-life IT assets and averted over 500,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions.
“This recognition of Green4Good is fantastic because it will surely increase awareness of the program, which, in turn will allow us to continue to help charities in need”. Said Steve Glover, President, Compugen Finance.“ We are very proud to be part of the circular economy and to help reduce carbon emissions by restoring technology devices and providing them new homes, rather than sending them to landfill. We thank the group at Sitra for this acknowledgment.”
Compugen President and CEO Harry Zarek said he was thrilled to see the Green4Good program be recognized on the international stage.
“We are committed to build sustainability in areas where we can make an impact. Our focus on extending the lifetime value of technology is an example of this,” he said.
Compugen is one of Canada's largest privately-owned Information Technology (IT) Solution Providers. We help customers design, acquire, integrate, and operate technology. Our mission is to help organizations realize new possibilities. Every day, our dedicated employees across North America focus on providing extraordinary customer service and support experiences to private and public sector organizations. We combine breadth of skill, depth of expertise, and commitment to operational excellence at scale to deliver exceptional, customer-focused experiences.About the 2020 World Circular Economy Forum (WCEF)
The WCEF is a global initiative of Finland and the Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra that brings together up to 2,000 business leaders, policymakers and experts from around the world to present the world’s best circular economy solutions. WCEF examines how businesses can seize new opportunities and gain a competitive advantage through circular economy solutions, and how the circular economy contributes to achieving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.