Simplifying IT Procurement for the broader public sector
Explore the cost-saving and efficiency possibilities available to you
We understand that getting new technology in your organization can be a long-drawn-out and costly process. The business challenge is real: Finding vendors who can source cost-effective products reliably and consistently is not as easy as one might think.
We can accelerate your procurement process through our Vendor of Record (VOR) arrangements. This allows you to source your hardware, software and service requirements without going through a formal RFP or bidding process. What’s a VOR, you ask? A VOR is the most efficient way to access preferred pricing through agreements between the provincial or federal government and trusted suppliers. Following a detailed bid and evaluation process, vendors such as Compugen are awarded a VOR contract for their ability to provide products and solutions that meet public sector needs. Offerings are vetted and approved in terms of cost-efficiency, product and service delivery, as well as compliance with various government initiatives.
Outside of government ministries and agencies, many broader public sector (BPS) organizations – hospitals, school boards, post-secondary institutions, etc – are also eligible to use existing VORs for their procurement needs and leverage their province’s purchasing power.
Compugen holds several federal and provincial VOR arrangements across Canada, signifying a position as a trusted partner for government and the broader public sector. Our experience with multiple provinces as a vendor of record allows us to understand their unique technology needs and offer solutions tailored to their environment.
Our ability to design, acquire and implement solutions while providing ongoing services is something you can expect from working with us through our VORs. This means that beyond procurement, we can help you navigate systems design and deployment through our industry expertise. Furthermore, the strong alliances with top technology vendors that we have built over the years allow us to act and deliver quickly on time-sensitive projects.
Benefits for you:
- Cost Savings. Compugen’s multiple VORs lets your organization leverage provincial buying power, meaning you get the most competitive pricing for your IT purchases.
- Product and Service Availability. Working with a vendor of record for technology acquisition gives you access to hardware, software and related services not typically available via regular retail channels.
- Efficiency. A standing purchasing agreement means you can skip the RFP process and go straight to procurement, enabling time savings on critical, time-sensitive projects.
- Industry Expertise. Our experience as one of Canada’s largest IT specialists allows us to provide design, build and support services not usually offered by traditional vendors.
- Compliance. Any BPS purchasing agreement with Compugen complies with the BPS Procurement Directive, ensuring a fair, open and transparent procurement process.
- Non-Exclusive. Participation in agreements is voluntary with no spend and volume commitments.
Interested in learning more? Get in touch with us, we're here to help